• Índice general
• Vocabulario básico
• Otros recursos
English Grammar Step by Step:
• Unit 1: Negative and interrogative sentences
• Unit 2: Short answers
• Unit 3: Question tags
• Unit 4: Questions and exclamations
• Unit 5: So, neither, nor, either
• Unit 6: Be, used to, would, be/get/become used to, dare, have, get, become, grow, go, turn, fall and feel
• Unit 7: Verb tenses: forms
• Unit 8: Irregular verbs
• Unit 9: Verb tenses: uses
• Unit 10: Personal pronouns, possessives and reflexive pronouns
• Unit 11: The genitive case
• Unit 12: Singular and plural nouns
• Unit 13: Gender
• Unit 14: A, an, some, any, no, not, none, each, every and the; compounds of some, any, no and every
• Unit 15: Neither, not...either, none, not...any, both and all
• Unit 16: A few, few, a lot, lots, a little, little, many, much, no and plenty
• Unit 17: Enough, too, so and such
• Unit 18: Comparative and superlative sentences
• Unit 19: The adjective order
• Unit 20: Relative clauses
• Unit 21: Do and make
• Unit 22: Modal verbs
• Unit 23: Infinitives, gerunds and present participles
• Unit 24: Conditional sentences
• Unit 25: Passive sentences
• Unit 26: Reported speech
• Unit 27: Purpose
• Unit 28: Word order
• Unit 29: Inversion
• Unit 30: Connectors
• Unit 31: Prepositions
• Unit 32: Phrasal verbs
Gramática inglesa de nivel medio:
• Unidad 9: Verbos irregulares
Gramática inglesa para principiantes:
• Unidad 1: A, an, some, any y the
• Unidad 2: Some, any + body/one, + thing, + where
• Unidad 3: Los pronombres personales y los adjetivos y pronombres posesivos
• Unidad 4: Los pronombres reflexivos, el pronombre recíproco "each other" y los pronombres personales de complemento
• Unidad 5: Lista de verbos irregulares
• Frases populares y refranes
• El rincón del escritor
• Habitaciones de hotel
• Postales virtuales gratis
• Anuncios patrocinados
• Chat en castellano
Jul 24, 2019, 2:56 PM
Mensaje #1 de 1
Do you want to go with me on a musical tour where you can go over the best top songs in English? I invite you to review the most famous English songs of all time. This time we started with the most emblematic pop songs in English. If you like to learn English with music, this is your article!
Learn English with music
No puede mandar mensajes
Listen to music in English while driving your car after watching videos on YouTube: more enjoyable learning
Did you know that listening to music in English greatly strengthens our language learning? The benefits of listening to original songs in English means that we can greatly enhance our ability to listen or pronunciation. The best thing is to listen to the song first and let ourselves be carried away by the rhythm trying to locate our attention in the lyrics (original lyrics). Then, if we download or look for this original text in English and we read it while we listen to the song for the second time, we will see what success we have had in understanding.
"I invite you to review the most famous English songs of all time"
On the Internet there are many pages with lyrics and original songs in English and, in addition, you can find fun exercises with which to put into practice your listening comprehension. For example, filling in the blanks with the missing words in the text of a certain song.
That said, let's start our review for the pop genre. Relax, pay attention to the song and it flows with the rhythm and lyrics. Do not worry if at first you find something complicated, you will see that step by step will achieve understanding.
Thriller - Michel Jackson
Who does not know this famous song of the mythical Michel Jackson? Thriller was top song in 1982. At that time all the fans of the American singer sang this single while they learned by heart the rhythmic and emblematic choreography. Turn up the volume and enjoy learning with this catchy theme of the King of Pop.
"Cause this is thriller, Thriller night.
And no one's gonna save you From the beast about to strike You know it's thriller (...) "♪ ♫ • ♪ *
"Pop music is a good method to start boosting your English with music. The lyrics are usually easy to understand and the vocabulary and sentences are usually brief. The presence of Chorus or refrains also facilitates understanding "
Yellow submarine - The Beatles
It was the year 1966 when the British The Beatles reaped great success among their fans with great songs like Yellow Submarine. Get on the yellow submarine and enjoy this song that even had its own homonymous film in 1968. Its chorus or chorus is as simple as unforgettable.
"(...) We all live in a yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine.
We all live in a yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine ... ♪ ♫ • ♪ *
California Dreaming - The Mamas and the Popes
This short song is also well known. The group The Mamas and the Papas published it in 1965 and it was its first great success. For 17 weeks he remained in the top positions. It is ideal to learn vocabulary related to the seasons, the weather ... and, in addition, it has a great presence of conditionals in its lyrics. Let's see some example ...
"All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray.
I've been for a walk on a winter's day.
I would be safe and warm if I was in L.A .;
California dreamin '
on such a winter's day (...) "♪ ♫ • ♪ *
Beautiful day - U2
The song of Bono had its date of launching in the 2000 and, since then, it continues being in the top ten of the collective imaginary when it is spoken of pop-rock music. He was so successful that in 2001 he garnered nothing more and nothing less than three Grammy awards. It is a song somewhat more complicated by its more lyrical and figurative language. Here we leave you a sample of his refrain.
«It's a beautiful day Sky falls, you feel like It's a beautiful day
Do not let it get away (...) "♪ ♫ • ♪ *
Happy - Pharrell Williams
Surely this song is stuck inside your head (stuck in the head). In 2013, Happy, Pharrell Williams became the most famous song of summer, and also the most optimistic. The letter of this theme is super simple and optimal to refresh in a pleasant way our knowledge in English. Do not hesitate to include it in your list. Your chorus is this:
"Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you (...) "
I hope you liked the tour! I did an English course in Madrid and it was wonderful. I wish you a great day!
Academias de inglés en Madrid.