• Índex general
• Vocabulari bàsic
• Més recursos
English Grammar Step by Step:
• Unit 1: Negative and interrogative sentences
• Unit 2: Short answers
• Unit 3: Question tags
• Unit 4: Questions and exclamations
• Unit 5: So, neither, nor, either
• Unit 6: Be, used to, would, be/get/become used to, dare, have, get, become, grow, go, turn, fall and feel
• Unit 7: Verb tenses: forms
• Unit 8: Irregular verbs
• Unit 9: Verb tenses: uses
• Unit 10: Personal pronouns, possessives and reflexive pronouns
• Unit 11: The genitive case
• Unit 12: Singular and plural nouns
• Unit 13: Gender
• Unit 14: A, an, some, any, no, not, none, each, every and the; compounds of some, any, no and every
• Unit 15: Neither, not...either, none, not...any, both and all
• Unit 16: A few, few, a lot, lots, a little, little, many, much, no and plenty
• Unit 17: Enough, too, so and such
• Unit 18: Comparative and superlative sentences
• Unit 19: The adjective order
• Unit 20: Relative clauses
• Unit 21: Do and make
• Unit 22: Modal verbs
• Unit 23: Infinitives, gerunds and present participles
• Unit 24: Conditional sentences
• Unit 25: Passive sentences
• Unit 26: Reported speech
• Unit 27: Purpose
• Unit 28: Word order
• Unit 29: Inversion
• Unit 30: Connectors
• Unit 31: Prepositions
• Unit 32: Phrasal verbs
Gramàtica anglesa de nivell mitjà:
Gramàtica anglesa per a principiants:
• Unitat 1: A, an, some, any i the
• Unitat 2: Some, any + body/one, + thing, + where
• Unitat 3: Els pronoms personals i els adjectius i pronoms possessius
• Unitat 4: Els pronoms reflexius, el pronom recíproc "each other" i els pronoms personals de complement
• Unitat 5: Llista de verbs irregulars anglesos
• Frases populars, refranys...
• El racó de l'escriptor
• Habitacions d'hotels
• Postals virtuals gratis
• Anuncis patrocinats
• Xat en català
Mar 13, 2010, 12:09 PM
Missatge #1 de 2
No pots enviar missatges
Nothing in the world is smaller than words to express my thanks to you for taking the time to answer my questions. I have some other questions regarding " it" "that" and " this" and I would be glad if you answer them.
Below are some sentences and I would be grateful if you help me to the answers to them. .
What is the answers to the following questions and please explain your reasons for choosing the correct choice.
1) Although I still object to some questions on the exam, I prefer not to think about. any more since I believe in this big world, there is something a lot more important than classes, grades and exams- friendship.
2) I am leaving this country and most probably I will not see my best friend Adam any longer. However, does not have any influence on my friendly relationship with Adam.
My dear professor,
I want to thank you for everything you did for us during the term. Sometimes we used a sentence grammatically wrong, but you always corrected us. . definitely shows that you were sensitive to our English.
Thanks very much for taking the time to answer my questions, Mr. Mike. Please explain your reasons.
Thanks a bunch
Sep 14, 2010, 2:31 PM
Missatge #2 de 2
Re: [David] question
[En reposta a]
No pots enviar missatges
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I have been very busy.
It is not easy to answer the three questions, because the difference between this, that and it can be blurred at times. It depends on what the speaker has in mind.
I prefer this in the three questions because "this" can refer to the previous sentence, that is, the antecedent is the previous sentence. For example:
I arrived home late. This annoyed my father very much.
I arrived home late, which annoyed my father very much. (See http://www.polseguera.org/...clauses.php#return13)
I will not see my best friend Adam any longer, which does not have any influence...
...but you always corrected us, which definitely shows...
I still object to some questions in the exam. I prefer not to think about this.
I still object to some questions in the exam, which I prefer not to think about.